Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Day at the Aquarium

I went to the Dallas World Aquarium a couple of weeks ago, and it was very cool! I finally got the pics off my camera onto my computer, so I'm going to post a few here.

I walked in, and the place is a giant indoor tropical jungle. It's
hot, humid, and very cool. We walked around on a ramp made of logs, and see birds flying around free in the building. Like this toucan.

It let people get close enough to touch it, nibbling on their hands. It was very cool.

One of my favorite things was the otters. They were really big otters, bigger than you'd expect, and they were fun to watch. They look like fun-loving creatures. I wanted to get a better shot, it was easier to video them.

Then there was a crocodile, and a pile of baby crocodiles. They all looked evil, even the babies. *shudder*

There were two different breeds of bat, spiders (I skipped looking at those), all sorts of rays and fish, and then the pride of the exhibit: the manatee.



Silly songs with Larry's song, Barbara Manatee, was running through my head the whole time I was there.

They had a bunch of different aquariums for different parts of the world with different kinds of fish in them, they were very cool. I didn't get any pictures, the lighting wasn't good, but it was fun. Then there was the shark tunnel.



Cool sawfish, huh? I didn't realize that they were flat on the bottom. Check out the "blade."

Oh, and then there were the flamingos. They are really loud, and make an interesting sound.


Cool stuff. There are good things about being stuck at training. All in all, a fun day.

1 comment:

  1. There's a shark tunnel at the Maui Ocean Center, which is very cool, but we don't have any manatees.

    I like the pictures!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.