Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy Birthday Mason-man!

Almost two weeks ago we had a birthday party for Mason. We made a cake with Cool Whip frosting. We used some dyed yellow to decorate it.

Not exactly professional, but Mason doesn't know the difference.

The party was nuts! Mike's immediate family were here and so was my aunt and uncle and their kids. 17 people in our little apartment.

I ended up opening most of the presents, Mason was just too overwhelmed.

And then he started to bawl when we started singing happy birthday. So I had to take him into our quiet (cool!) bedroom to calm him down. Then we gave him the cake. It took him a couple minutes to figure out what was going on, then he went to town on it.

The cake was two layer, and almost immediately, he pushed the top layer off on me. I got almost as much stuff on me as he did.

There wasn't much left.

Later, he got more presents from packages and from people who just bought them late. Tutu sent a baby laptop.

Auntie Amber sent a bathrobe (it would have been on time, but I was silly and gave her the wrong address.)

Uncle Jeff came over yesterday with a present. It was a hit!

It also came with giant legos, which I have put away until he can use them. I don't want them thrown all over the living room. He had a good birthday!

3 comments:

  1. Great sum up! haha I love the photo with the firetruck. haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, wheres my present? Did it get there on time?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't have a picture of him with it. I didn't post pics of all the presents. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.