Saturday, August 27, 2011

Shipping?

I really wanted a pastry mat for rolling out dough, because I didn't have a good place in my kitchen. The table is big enough but it is wood, and old so there are cracks and places for germs to hide. So I looked for a pastry mat at Wal-Mart on my shopping day this week but didn't have any luck. I was a little frustrated about it, but then it occurred to me: Why not buy it on Amazon?

I have an Amazon Mom membership, which gives me a free Amazon Prime membership, which means I get free shipping on anything, and free two day delivery as well. I really should start taking advantage of this!

So I went onto Amazon and found a pastry mat. Actually I found lots, which is another nice thing about Amazon versus Wal-Mart: Wal-Mart isn't going to have a big selection of that kind of thing. I ordered the one I wanted on Thursday and got an email saying it should arrive today (Saturday).

It came yesterday, sent by next day air. I was surprised by that, I didn't expect it so soon. But that isn't what got to me.

Here is the pastry mat I ordered, still in the box:

Here is the box it was shipped in:


Let me show you just how messed up this is:


My one year old fits in the box with the pastry mat in it! Not only that, but they put a bunch of paper in the box. Here is what my living room now looks like:


I'm not really complaining, I mean Mason got free toys that are easy to clean up (he's already broken the box) and at least they didn't put those styrofoam popcorn things in them. But did they really need such a big box to ship this one item to me?

Oh well, I didn't pay for the shipping. And I am really happy to have a nice pastry mat for making sandwich loaf!

1 comment:

  1. I ordered some DVDs from amazon and the box they came in was quite the same. Amazon needs to invest in a better variety of box sizes or something

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.