Sunday, April 29, 2012

Big Truck Night

Our city had a big truck night on Thursday.  They had trucks and tractors and police cars, etc available for the kids to go right up to and climb on.  Mike wasn't able to come because he volunteered for a double shift at the temple open house, so it was just me and Mason.
The first one we saw a was a big John Deere tractor.

Mason enjoyed that.

I brought the stroller along, but he ended up pushing it most of the time. That's ok, I had my purse, the diaper bag, and our mug of water in it, it saved me having to carry it.  Though I had to carry him quite a bit too, there were too many people and he kept getting overwhelmed.
He liked the police motorcycle.

And there was a big fire truck that scared him a bit.
There were two of these "people" built out these, a man and a woman.  Mason stared at them for awhile, a little confused.
Here he is in one of the few moments he let me put him in the stroller.
Here he is in a big dump truck.


Vroom, Vroom!
Here he is in just a regular truck.
And another truck, I forget what kind. It might be the dump truck above, I'm not sure.
They had a sandbox full of Tonka trucks, and Mason played in it for a half hour or so at the end before he left.  He was kneeling on the asphalt and got really dirty.

It was lots of fun!  I wish Mike could have come, he would have enjoyed it, and Mason would have been a bit less overwhelmed if we'd both been there.  But he was at the temple, and needed to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.