Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Fourth of July

We went to my in-laws for a barbeque for a 4th of July celebration.  Mason got to spend several hours outside, which I am grateful for, since it is too hot for me to spend much time outside these days.  First he was playing in the dog's house.  Not very clean, but whatever.




Then we had the food, and Mason had his first corn on the cob.  He liked it a lot, at least when I was giving it to him.


After lunch, he climbed in the computer chair and insisted on Mike spinning him.  It was really cute.  The funniest part was when it stopped and half the time his eyes did this funny shaking thing.  We took a video, but we didn't get him doing that, unfortunately.  The video is a bit blurred because Mason grabbed the camera lens, so it needs cleaning now.

After that he got wet in the sprinkler, which he didn't like much, and then on the slip and slide.  I don't have any pictures though unfortunately, we couldn't find the camera at that point.  He enjoyed the slip and slide, got very wet, but then decided he wanted to sit on the bench with Mommy and Grandma and watch his aunties, uncle and Daddy on the slip and slide.  Mike was wearing his slacks while he was on it.  Nutcase!  He asked me if I wanted to go for a run, but I decided that wasn't a good idea. 

On a side note, the poor little man was exhausted by the time we got home and was asleep in less than 10 minutes once we got him to bed.  It took him awhile to fall asleep last night, since he was at his Grandma's and wasn't used to it, he woke up this morning at the normal time, and he didn't take much of a nap.  He woke up from nap around the time Mike and I got there, and he was really happy to see me.  He sat on my lap for ten minutes, and made sure I was cuddling him the whole time.  This was a bit of a test run, he will be spending his time at Grandma's house while I am in the hospital having baby brother, and it seemed to work out ok.  He wasn't especially fussy, and he did manage to fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.