Friday, October 17, 2008

Dallas Foods

I'm at a hotel in Dallas, and all my food is paid for through my job. We just get a buffet, and seeing the prices of the food, I can't blame, them (the cheapest entree on the menu: $15. Everything else is $20-$40). So we have a buffet for breakfast , lunch and dinner, which I think is usually only available for breakfast and lunch, but we got them to have it day round since there is about 50 of us here.

I say "only a buffet" but I am way understating the case. The food is amazing! For every lunch and dinner meal we have a chicken dish, a fish dish, and a pork or beef dish, some kind of potato or rice, and steamed vegetables. Then there is another bar that has fresh vegetables in the form of salads (spinach!) and fruits ranging from sliced melons and pineapple, to nectarines, apples and bananas. We also have an amazing dessert selection, several different kinds of cakes, pies, creme brulee, pudding, etc. etc. etc.

The breakfast buffet has scrambled eggs, bacon, pepper bacon, sausage, hash browns, oatmeal, that yucky hot cereal that isn't oatmeal (Malt-o-Meal?), cold cereals, and more fruit. We can also ask the chefs to make us fried eggs as a replacement for the scrambled eggs. Oh, and every meal has a selection of breads to choose from.

If I didn't know better, I'd be afraid they were trying to fatten us up for some evil scheme. "Nibble, nibble little mouse. . . . "

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.