Sunday, June 17, 2012

6 am

It is 6 in the morning and I can't sleep.

We went to the garden Friday night for a serious weeding session which was WAY overdue, and I realized too late, that the only way I could really weed was to sit down.  In the grass. In Missouri.  I hadn't brought a blanket or anything to sit on, so I didn't have a buffer, and bending over isn't a very feasible option with this giant baby belly of mine.  So I did it and now I am reaping the consequences.  Next time I'll let Mike do all the work, he got a lot more done than I did anyway.



I now have 16-20 bug bites spread over my belly, another 16-20 on my legs, and one (so far) on my arm.  New ones keep appearing, so the tally may rise.  You can guess how conducive this is to sleep.  I've tried the anti-itch gel we have, both alone and with Band-aides over it to try to keep them from getting itched by my clothes, but it doesn't seem to be helping.  Clear nail polish helped me last time I got bug bites, but I had to borrow that from my neighbor and I haven't gotten around to buying any yet.  And I didn't think that waking her up in the middle of the night would be good for neighbor relations.

On a side note, does anyone else have trouble breathing through their nose when they are great with child?  I keep waking up with my mouth bone dry, because I can't seem to breath properly with my mouth shut right now.

I've had about 2 hours of sleep and kind of doubt I'll get much more.  Mason will be up before 8, if he sticks to his normal routine, then we have church at 9.  I'm glad I got in a decent nap today (technically yesterday).  And since it is Sunday, I tend to take naps anyway, so hopefully the itching will have gone down by then.

Oh, random thought, this is my 100th blog post.  Yay me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.