Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My husband is an evil genius

My husband came home from work a couple of days before Christmas carrying an Amazon package, my present.  He didn't bother to open it, just wrapped the box in wrapping paper and stuck it with the multitude's of presents for our toddler.  When I opened the present Christmas morning (or rather Christmas Eve morning, since Christmas was crazy busy) this is what I saw.


For a little bit of background I will tell you that while I love the Lego games (I have played almost all the Lego games, and I have Batman, Harry Potter the first four years, and I bought Mike the Star Wars one for Christmas) I do NOT like Twilight.  I wouldn't say I hate it, that's a bit strong, but I am definitely not a fan.  And my husband HATES it.  Anything to do with Twilight sets him off.  In fact, I freaked him out once by telling him I had bought the Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess game, because all he heard was Twilight.  So my first thought was that he had made a mistake and ordered the wrong game by accident, or Amazon had screwed up the order.  So I figured he'd either have to send it back to Amazon, or we could exchange it at Wal-Mart or something.  I didn't even think anything of the fact that there wasn't a receipt in the box.

Then ten minutes later, while I was helping Mason open some of his toys, Mike brought me this:


This was the game I had assumed he meant to buy anyway, because he knew I wanted it.  I was so confused!  I couldn't figure out how he had done it!  Turns out he MADE the cover himself, bought the game at Wal-Mart, replaced the cover with his version, and got a local used video game store to shrink wrap it for him.  Then he found an Amazon box (of which there were plenty, since I ordered all the gifts this year online) found a shipping label that wasn't damaged and transferred it to the unopened side of the box, put the game inside with some bubble wrap, and then taped it up.  He later said there were so many ways it could have gone wrong (I could have realized that there wasn't a Lego Twilight game and probably never will be, I could have noticed the taped up box, etc.)  and he was thrilled that I fell for it.

Here is a better view of the cover he made.  You should really read the warning labels and the game description.  If I had bothered to look at it, I would have figured it out, but since I would NEVER EVER play such a game. I didn't bother.
And here is a video of my reaction when he showed me the right cover for the game.

 Like I said, my husband is an evil genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.