Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Being pregnant is funny

It's funny, I've been learning some things about pregnancy that make me laugh at times.

First off, everyone who knows I am pregnant is always asking me how I am feeling. Everyone. At work, at church, even people I barely know. And they ask me every day and every time I see them. It's pretty funny, you'd think I was going to break.

My co-workers won't let me carry anything. Not that we carry around huge loads or anything, but I have to be careful about using the cart when I go get more files, or I get yelled at.

Also, I have to be careful about what I do sometimes. After my appointment with my midwife, I went to call Mike to talk to him about the ultrasound appointment. I figured he was out of class, because I had his morning schedule confused. He was in the middle of class, and he answered the phone because he was worried something might have happened, since he knew I had an appointment that morning. I laughed a bit, and apologized for messing up his schedule in my head. Fortunately it wasn't during lecture or anything. Another time, he texted his mom asking her to call soon about something urgent, and she got worried, thinking something was wrong with me.

Then today, at work, I banged my knee pretty badly one my desk. I grabbed it and made some "Ouch" noises, because it hurt really bad, and one of my coworkers, Mary, got a little freaked out. She said, "What's wrong? Are you ok?" in a somewhat, not panicky, but definitely worried voice, until she got a good look at me, and said, "Oh, it's just your knee." I just about died laughing after that. People are really careful with you when you are pregnant, I guess she thought something had gone wrong.

Being pregnant is funny sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.