Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Pregnancy

Yes folks, I am pregnant. I don't know for sure how far along I am, my sister say, according to a calendar her midwife gave her, that I am due sometime in July, but we'll see. My first appointment is tomorrow with a nurse.

So far, I have had nausea just about everyday all day, though no actual toilet worshiping yet. But today was a new twist- heartburn. I have never had it before, but I understand now why they have all those heartburn commercials. I should go get some Tums. But I think the nausea is harder to deal with, it makes me not want to do anything at all.

Oh, and none of my jeans fit me anymore, although my work slacks all still fit just fine. My jeans fit me tighter to begin with anyway. And I couldn't eat as much for Thanksgiving without feeling sick, but in a different way than when you normally feel like you ate to much. It was weird.

Mike and I went to Wal-Mart on Saturday and bought me goodies to keep in my desk at work so I wouldn't be tempted by my neighbors chocolate when I needed to eat something. We got dried apricots, cheez-its, goldfish, animal crackers, craisins, unsalted peanuts, and we had saltines at home. They have helped stave off the worst of the nausea.

I am excited though, despite all the misery. I am going to have a baby!

1 comment:

  1. Go for the Smoothie Flavor of Tums. They taste really good and they work wonders. No need to be eating medicine-flavored stuff when you're nauseous already. They saved me. And let me testify for you, it really will go away. Both the heart burn and the nausea. Also, the excess phlegm. I know it's ridiculously hard to believe, but it does. I can't testify for ever fitting in your jeans again, though. Because I don't yet. [sigh]

    Also, CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, but will remove any unnecessarily negative remarks, so keep it civil and clean.